Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Beach Surf Life Saving

I firmly grip the yellow tube, the name Muriwai printed in bold black. I see others race into the retreating sea. Where was Lily? Among the sea of people Lily wasn't standing out.Wait, nope, there's Lily! She was waving her arms at me, trying to catch my attention. I surge forward, embracing the coldness of the ocean. I gasp as I dive towards the person I was supposed to save. "GO GO GO!," yells Lily. "I'm trying," I reply. I wrap the seat-belt like strap around  my neck and run at the sand with Lily at my heels. The waves grab at my feet as I race onto the oncoming land. I undo the golden buckle and drop the tube at Lily's feet. I run like a duck on fire over the waves like we were told to, the water still not deep enough to dive under. I turn and holler at Lily to get cracking and she hurdles the waves brandishing her yellow tube like a weapon. She clips the buckle thing in and once again we run towards the black sand. A group of people rush past us and in doing so kick up a storm of water and sand. Suddenly I can't see. My eyes sting as I turn around blindly. 'Uggghh' Why now?

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see that you were pushing your limits with the duck diving! Your teamwork with Lily was awesome too. I hope your eyes were okay after the incident.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive and positive comments are welcomed by our authors.