Monday
Extreme Edge and the Great Race
Adrenalin was pumping through my body. I was slipping because my hands were soaked with sweat, caused by fear. Pushing myself forward, pushing the limits. Finally I reached the top. I felt so proud of myself.
We pushed through the heat, the sweat, and the pain in our feet. Trying to make it to the closest bus stop so we could rest.
Tuesday
Muriwai
The cold water shocked me as it hit me and knocked me down. The sun was scorching, as soon as I got out I was practically dry. The sand was a comforting heat.
Wednesday
TiriTiri Matangi
All I could hear was the high pitched song of our native birds, cutting through the crunching of the scoria under our feet. The Weta Punga were the size of my hand. But they were harmless. Some people screamed when they saw them. Some people were repulsed, and some people found them fascination.
You did a great job writing that I thought I was actually there
ReplyDelete