I sat through the safety talk trying and failing to take in everything the man was saying. At one point I would be listening attentively and a moment later my mind would drift to what was lying ahead. I was giddy with excitement. It was a relief getting into the water; It rescued my from the stifling heat. I heaved the raft forward and clambered on board. Sitting up the front, I gripped my handle and we all pushed the raft forward. We learnt how to back paddle, steer, paddle when steering and how to prepare for a bump. with some difficulty we veered onto the conveyer belt and slowly ascended to the top. It lowered us down and we pushed ourselves into the rapid.
Friday, 24 February 2017
Wero.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Stella, I completely relate to your feeling of excitement at the debriefing . I couldn't wait to do it and it was a relief when we finally got to hop in.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I also would listen to the instructions and every now and then start thinking about what we are about to do. It sounds like you probably had fun, since you were excited after all.
ReplyDelete