Tuesday, 21 February 2017

extreme edge

I could not feel my fingers, the pain was unbearable. I was losing my grasp on the ropes, the pain stopped, I did not make it up this time. Again trying my luck but I fell short of my goal, my fingers too sore to climb, with no energy left I headed up stairs to eat and gain energy but there was a long road ahead of me, that road was called the walk of shame. Full to the brim with adrenalin as I went to face the wall that knocked me down two times before. A crowd was waiting for me the cheers ringing in my ears made going back down not an option, bathing in my own sweat, hand drenched in my own filth. I let out a sigh of relief when I rubbed my hand on the painted wood, letting go of the ropes was like unbelievably satisfying. The cheers that I heard when I set foot on the ground were like a hero's welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive and positive comments are welcomed by our authors.