Monday, 20 February 2017

EXTREME EDGE (and survival in the city)

Struggling, sweating holding on for dear life at, Extreme Edge. 7 attempts at one wall and it all came down to me, and a wall. I shot off the floor like a rocket, flying my way to halfway. I had a decision to make, 'Give up, 7 times you failed and your hands are too sweaty and you know it.' Or 'Just do it there's 5 minutes left anyway, rather conquer this wall than any other wall.' I chose to do it I reached for the thin blue block, with sweaty hands. I slipped off and began my descent of shame. A raging river of disappointment gushed through me. Heart sunken, I remove the harness from the rope of despair and spoke to myself  "There's always next time."

Not in the mood for a fun walk, bus and train to school I slumped my way back up the stairs where moments a go a waterfall of excitement flowed through me, now nothing but a drop of shame. Hoping I could turn this day around I tried to lead my group to victory, we came 3rd but that's OK. Especially for a bunch of tired kids on a really hard day.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did well, I hope next time you climb that wall you will succeed, and nice job coming 3rd in the amazing race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WERE AMAZING I SAW YOU REALLY PUSH YOUR LIMITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope next time your able to climb the wall that your climbing
    over and over again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this and great pushing of your limits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was one amazing story you were pushing the limits intermediates

    ReplyDelete

Constructive and positive comments are welcomed by our authors.