Sunday, 26 February 2017

Tiritiri Matangi

The lighthouse looked so far away and I was completely drained of energy. Sweat rolled down my forehead, my throat was parched. I could see Kererus perched on branches, bell birds singing their happy tune and hihis feeding.I gazed at the birds as they fluttered above me and I searched for more weird and interesting birds. "LOOK!!!" someone shouted, it was a takahe. I had never seen one before in my life, I had heard it had many similarities with a pukeko, but seeing a takahe in real life, I could see many differences.(eg. fatter and bigger.) Then I continued walking along the path and could feel the cooling wind gush past me while the beautiful sound of birds filled the air.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Alea! This is a awesome explanation of Tiritiri Matangi! I think both of us had a great time at Urban Camp ;)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive and positive comments are welcomed by our authors.