Friday, 24 February 2017

Urban Camp (day 4)




Wero White Water Rafting

Thursday 23 February 

The conveyor belt screams as it heaves the rafts to the other side. I wait, not even knowing whats on the other side. Once we're there I take a look down the rapids, this is going to be more challenging then I thought... The next wave of emotion hits me, hope, hope that this raft won't tip, hope that I don't fall out and hope that no-one hurts them selves. Our instructor keeps saying to hold on, forwards paddle, back paddle, but no matter what they say I'm never looking away from the fluffy, white foam. After many times going up the conveyor our last is the best, half way down the rapids we jump into the water and just "go with the flow "
This for me, was the best day on camp and I can't wait to go again soon!

~Dayna 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had an amazing time (it sounds like it) don't worry you weren't the only one who was scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you enjoyed it a lot. This is an awesome piece of writing too.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive and positive comments are welcomed by our authors.